Friday, December 02, 2005

Ancient times

I spent the last three days in Vienna with my dad. It was interesting although almost too cold to walk through the city to have a look at all the buildings and places. We wanted to visit the State Opera but it was completely sold out. Maybe next time. We visited Schönbrunn, the Hofburg, some museums and the café Schober :-)
My dad was completely bored of all that talking of Sissy and the others so he walked through the museums reading the newspaper. Well, I have to plan the next trip so I'll finish for now.

Oh, by the way, the first thing I did was buying a new camera. A small IXUS 40. Have a look at the pictures it makes...

My first impression of Vienna


A view over Vienna from the Prater...


... also known as the big wheele


The famous State Opera


The emperor's summer residence: Schönbrunn


The greek temple opposite the castle


And the emperors' grave


A nice church next to the Hofburg


Donau river


And of course the famous Wiener Schnitzel. Almost as big as my plate was...

No comments: