Sunday, September 26, 2004

The family is very important

I organized a family gathering for my whole family. My uncles and aunts, my cousins and also my grandparents were invited. We did not meet for 15 years, except at weddings and funerals. I wanted to change that and tried to get the whole family together. Everyone came.

We met at 11 am at our Scout-House in the forest next to Zurich. And there it started: the electricity broke off, it started raining, they had to walk to the house instead of driving through the forest by car, ...

The only thing I learned today: The only person who does NOT make any mistakes is someone who doesn't make anything at all!

I am quite disappointed now and very angry. I hope to meet them only at weddings and funerals within the next 15 years!

2 comments:

Carlos Eduardo said...

Hey there is Christmas coming soon. Why don't you give another try. Usually people are wiiling to be toghther in those ocasions.
And saying that you were already invited to other family half gathering its not a good excuse. Besides you can do like some friendsI ahev that thay have their Christmas dinner one week before to avoid that...
And its always good and worth trying...
Unlimited challenges....

Judith said...

Right, but you can't force people to their luck. If they don't want to, I'll leave them aside and concentrate on the heart of my family, which is my mother, father, brother and me. Not all the 46 of us...