Monday, July 04, 2005

Losing one's best friend

I didn't know how it feels when you lose your best friend. Yesterday I made this dolorous experience.
My cat spent her whole life with me. In September 1989 she was born. On July, 3rd 2005 she died. She had cancer and was not well off during the last few weeks. This weekend it got worse. My mother called me on Saturday and asked me to come. I was away in a weekend and went home immediatelly. I found my cat sleeping in my mothers bedroom. She looked happy although not too good. On Sunday in the afternoon it got worse. I knew she wouldn't survive the night.
Thanks God she did not have to suffer long. At 8 in the evening she could go home. She looked satisfied and I had the impression that she had a smile on her face.
I'm thankful she is delivered from her pain now. It was good that she could let go and die. And I'm thankful that I was with her and support her in her last act of life. She knew I was with her.
But I'm also very sad because she has been my best friend for almost sixteen years. She was always there for me when I was sad, she listened to me when I wanted to talk. She cheered me up and liked me watherver I have done.




I will always remember her. May she rest in peace.

No comments: